Find out how Health Leaders Australia can support
your medical training and education
HLA’s mission is to provide programs and services that support health promotion and improved healthcare outcomes for the community. These programs and services include education and training of health sector workers and support staff and accreditation services, to assure the community of the quality and safety of health promotion and the healthcare services they receive. We:
- provide and support providers of health promotion education and training programs and services.
- develop and deliver education and training programs for health sector workers professional development.
- provide accreditation services for medical training facilities.
- offer event management, IT Help Desk and more services for health promotion and services organisations.
- are a not-for-profit company governed by leaders in the field of medical training and education.
HLA is contracted by the Queensland Government to serve as the Prevocational Medical Accreditation Authority for the State of Queensland under the standards and other requirements of the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) and the Australian Medical Council (AMC). This role includes the provision of medical accreditation services for all facilities offering or seeking to offer Intern (PGY1) and Resident (PGY2) junior doctor prevocational training in Queensland.
- highly skilled, experienced surveyors who meet strict accreditation surveyor standards criteria are deployed for this role.
- our accreditation evidence collection process is managed via an interactive online portal, ensuring the process for training facilities seeking accreditation is efficient, secure, and transparent.
HLA believes in preventing disease and improving health outcomes for individuals and communities, whether in metropolitan, outer-metropolitan, rural, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander medical services settings, by facilitating and effectively delivering training, education and support for healthcare personnel. We:
- produce and deliver accredited and non-accredited training and education across multiple health disciplines.
- assist the development of training facilities in identified areas of need to provide disease prevention and health promotion and to improve health outcomes and nurture expertise
- work with training facilities to promote joint ventures and share curriculum delivery frameworks, strategies and resources.
HLA provides a range of business support services for select not-for-profit and health care services providing and supporting organisations, including:
- information communications technology infrastructure and services.
- conference and event management.
- business development advice for rural GP practices.
- strategic workforce management for rural GP practices.
HLA provides programs and services that support health promotion and improved healthcare outcomes for the community. These programs and services include education and training of health sector workers and support staff and accreditation services, to assure the community of the quality and safety of health promotion and the healthcare services they receive.
- health promotion education and training programs and information services for the community.
- health promotion and healthcare education and training programs, resources and associated services for health sector workers.